Saturday, February 7, 2009

One Beautiful Lady Started All Of This



Today was the day I said goodbye to my dear sweet Grandma Warren. I love this lady so much. I remember when I was a little girl and I would sit and play on her kitchen rug while she made bread. She would always let me make my own little loaf. I would roll little balls together and place them in a small meat pie tin and she would read to me in her rocking chair there in her kitchen as it baked. I always loved going to her home. I wish that I would have taken the time to have her teach me to make bread, hers was the best.

When I was in second grade I had to have my appendix taken out and could not go tho school for several weeks. I stayed with Grandma while my parents worked. She made me a bed on her couch, she was always real careful to get the sheet on just right so it would not bunch up under me. I had a tutor that came there everyday to school me. Grandma always made us a snacks, I never wanted to go back to school, just wanted to have my special school at Grandmas all to myself.

Grandma loved her high heels! I remember her ironing her dish towels and sheet in her pumps. Wow! how times have changed. My mom always told her to take them off she, was going to fall down and break her neck in them. I think my Mom was just jealous of Grandma, because they always hurt her feet when she wore them.

Grandma always told me stories about her growing up. As she told me her stories of when she was younger her eyes would light up and she would get so excited. She had the cutest little laugh.

She loved the gospel and had a strong testimony of Christ. She would always remind me to say my prayers and that if I had faith everything would be alright.

Grandma always came to all of the family events that we had, she loved her family and always told each of us how proud she was of each of them. I think at times it upset some of them because she bragged so much about the others that they thought that she was never listening to them. But I know as soon as they left she would be bragging about them to the next one that came to see her.

Grandma loved to learn. When she started to get older like in her 80's she started to read anything that she could get her hands on. She would study the dictionary and practice writing because she never wanted to loose her mind. When I would visit she would have me quiz her. She did quite well and never really lost it.

Oh how she wanted to pass from this life. She has been ready for a few years and as each one of her sisters passed on she would say "I hope they don't forget about me and come for me real soon. She missed her family. Grandma favorite color was pink, I hope that there is a lot of pink things in Heaven because I know that is right where she is at. Till we meet again...... I love you Grandma

2 comments:

zac, kami & zion said...

Thanks for posting this. I stole the family picture. I hadn't seen it. I didn't realize the family was that big. WOW!

Unknown said...

What a nice tribute. Grandmas are the best, having them and being them. I haven't talked to you in forever. Hope life is good.